On February 16, 1979, NDSPLS held its organizational meeting in Bismarck, ND. The initial constitution and bylaws were approved in April. The Articles of Incorporation were signed by the North Dakota Secretary of State on May 9, 1979. The Certificate of Affiliation with the American Congress on Surveying and Mapping was approved by the ACSM Executive Committee on June 2, 1979.
The principle objectives of NDSPLS are:
- To unite all the professional land surveyors in the State of North Dakota.
- To elevate the standards of the surveying profession in the State of North Dakota.
- To establish basic minimum requirements for surveys.
- To assist in promoting legislation and education programs to improve the professional status of the land surveyor.
- To work in cooperation with local, county, state, and federal governments in our field of endeavor.
- To uphold a rigid code of ethics
- To strive to improve our relations with our clients and the public by doing our work with precision and integrity.
- To maintain a good relationship between land surveyors and engineers.
- Administrative Secretary: The Staiger Consulting Group
- Telephone: 701-223-3184
- Mailing Address: PO Box 7370, Bismarck, ND 58507
- E-mail: email@example.com